Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Blogger's Block

We've all heard of writer's block. It's a nasty, detestable phrase in the realm of publishing, and something I personally do not believe in. I do not allow myself to get blocked when writing. I may hit a bump in the road, or find myself waist-deep in a writing pothole of sorts, but to be blocked? Nah. I just won't allow it.

However, these past couple of days I have found myself blocked of the ability to blog about cool stuff going on in my world. Well, at least I think it's cool stuff. Others would probably just yawn.

Some of my "blockers" have been technical difficulties. For example, I've been trying to post a podcast of this cool roller derby I attended, but I'm Google Video-challenged. Another "blocker" is the home computer. Currently, it's chillin' with the Geek Squad over at Best Buy after being overtaken by a dozen--yes, a dozen--Trojan viruses and spyware.

But, all in all, I just haven't been able to come up with the right words to write. Whenever I've attempted to blog about something over the past couple of days, I've deleted it on account of my words reading more like gibberish than the prose of a published writer. It's frustrating!

I tell you, if writer's block is anything like blogger's block, I never want to experience it.