Thursday, March 29, 2007

Okay, America, enough already!

Sure, keeping Sanjaya on American Idol these past few weeks has given everyone in the country a good chuckle, but this is getting ridiculous, people. It's time for the boy with the pretty hair to go!

After last night's show, when Sanjaya was not even in the bottom three, I realized that the American public has lost its mind. Granted, I'm just as eager to see Sanjaya's hair style as the next TV viewer, but this is a signing competition with huge implications for the winner. AI finalists have gone on to score major success in the recording industry, and it's just not fair that really good performers like Phil Stacy are in jeopardy of leaving the show, while Sanjaya stays.

It's just not fair, people!

I'll be honest, I don't vote. I used to, but when Cingular upped its text messaging cost from $0.10 to $0.15 a message, I decided it wasn't worth the extra five. I'm ready to pay the extra five. If it will bring this show back to something that I recognize instead of the joke it has become, I'm willing to do it.

For those of you wondering, yes, I do have a life. It just so happens to revolve around American Idol on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, okay?